Easy, delicious bread. This receipe makes two loaves, so I froze one until the first was gone. It tastes great toasted, especially with honey on top and an egg on the side!
English Muffin Bread
- 2 3/4 cups warm water
- 3 1/2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- Mix everything together in a large bowl, let rise until double in bulk, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Spoon into two well-greased loaf pans. Let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pan, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Ten minutes before done, brush with melted butter.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Makes 2 loaves
Yum! I made these a while ago… finally posting this recipe, and it makes me want to bake some more bread!