I had high hopes of shipping off a finished baby quilt just in time for Mother’s Day, but it didn’t happen. I was humming along, piecing, squaring blocks, arranging, sewing blocks into rows, sewing rows into a quilt top. I took a break to think about how I wanted to quilt and finish, mostly because I’m still a little intimidated by using minky fabric as the backing for the first time. After deciding to quilt the top and the batting together in an argyle pattern with straight lines, then adding the backing like a blanket, I got back in the saddle and started quilting.
About an hour into quilting, I had to come to a halt. Alas… I ran out of a very necessary ingredient. Thread! I have a bunch of cheap spools in lots of different colors, but I like to use my good Gutermann thread for quilting. My very last spool was bare, and I hadn’t realized that I didn’t have any back ups left.
So now I’m waiting for thread to arrive in the mail… and maybe that little baby will wait another week too but I have a feeling he’ll make an appearance whether or not this quilt is ready!
I really do like how the quilt is coming together. I’ll try to keep the finished look under wraps until it’s safely in Mississippi. For now it’s still a work in progress… I’m sewing as slow as a snail these days!
So that’s what I’m working on at the moment! I’m linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 🙂