With two more mini quilts to add to the collage wall, I found myself looking for holes to fill. The wall is slowly but surely filling up! Here are a couple iterations of how the wall has evolved over the year or so we’ve lived here:
And here’s the current configuration with the two latest additions:
After taking down the bakers twine and clothespins, I decided to pin the quilts directly to the wall (I use push pins), but… just “eye balling” the first configuration was looking pretty crooked! So I got out the level and straightened them all out… or rather, I did the first couple and then had to hand the level over to hubby while he stood on a chair to reach the ones closer to the ceiling.
Love my growing wall-o-minis, especially seeing the new skills and ideas that go into each new one – new color palettes, hexis (traditional and modern), adding cross stitch panels, improv words, improv curves, ticker tape (triangles and rectangles), improv piecing (for a challenge), etc.