After three years of daily Fashion Diaries from 2012-2014, I quit documenting my outfits in 2015. Funny as it may sound, it was part of my life and felt pretty strange when I suddenly stopped.
It’s been 6 months, so I thought I’d check in on life post-Fashion Diaries…
- It’s easier and quicker to get out the door in the morning!
- I’m not so worried about “likes” on social media… I didn’t realize that I had become addicted to the feedback and attention.
- I gave myself permission to wear the same clothes more often, and not worry if I wear the same pair of pants three times in a week.
- My jewelry has become a lot more simple – instead of a different statement necklace every day, I’ve been wearing one delicate necklace that goes with everything.
- Without the external motivation of “likes” and comments, I’ve definitely let my style go a bit. The simplicity is mostly a relief, although sometimes I miss being more creative.
- I’m less active on social media without the daily motivation to post. I wouldn’t say that’s a good or bad thing, just a side effect.
- When I posted every day and recapped my outfits once a week on the blog, I also had a quick review of my day-to-day life in a nutshell. This year, I started using a 10 Year Journal (best Xmas present!) so I still have that daily journal of my life.
Here are a few favorites from the past 3 years – not necessarily because of the clothes, but because they remind me of those days… both mundane and eventful!