Whenever my parents come to visit, we get more accomplished in one weekend than we do in the previous month!
No power tools were necessary this time, but all of a sudden we are feeling a lot more prepared for a baby to arrive!
Here’s a short list of what got done:
- crib assembled
- changing table assembled
- baby clothes washed, sorted by size, and organized in drawers
- furniture in the master bedroom rearranged to make room for the baby furniture
- car seat bases installed in both cars
- linen closet reorganized (now featuring an empty shelf!)
- trunk moved into guest bedroom (as a TV stand… even though the TV isn’t hooked up yet, oops…)
- cube storage moved from the guest room into the baby’s (future) closet
- framed art hung and/or stored
- bookshelf moved (again!) out of the office and into the sewing/playroom/future kid room
A few pics:
Everything is still in progress and I’m still sorting through the best way to organize office supplies/craft supplies/baby paraphernalia, but it felt great to finally move stuff around and get started. And now baby has a place to sleep and something to wear should she decide to come early!
And the cats? They did what they do best…
Cora supervised (and refused to leave the bed!)…
Tali soaked up the sun (when it wasn’t raining)…
When the parents visit, the cats know there will be a lot of extra activity… and probably 2nd or 3rd breakfasts 🙂